Saturday, July 17, 2004

Since I'm obsessed with my own jokes, here's a load of them, lifted off comments I made in another online journal. I thought I'd keep them here, in my online home, so that I may be reminded of what exams can do to a human mind. None of them are funny, but I suppose that's the point. As you can tell, this one's sort of a personal post, just for me.





  • Actually I don't particularly like the ending theme, at least not as much as the opening one. The ending theme reminds me too much of that Spinal Tap classic, "Man who falls down stairs":

    "Oh there's a man
    And he falls down stairs
    Yeah yeah yeah"


  • What is faking one's death, really? Isn't murder faking your death? I tried explaining that to the cops, but they wouldn't listen :( That's how I ended up here, in prison. On the bright side, I met Gazza here, which was cool. He was arrested for imitating emus in the zoo.


  • Speaking of messing with people's heads, I'm reminded of a quote from my favourite play, There Stands Liberty:

    Mary: Oh Henry, you've spilt the soup all over your shirt
    Henry: Oh no, it was a brand new one too!
    Mary: Now we have to try and get the stain out
    Henry: Pass the salt


  • "What is the meaning of this" is an oblique reference to a saying by Woody Allen's character in What's New Pussycat?, "Put enough kettles in a pot and you can cook them". The reference is that Allen's character in the movie is called "This".


  • Oh I get it alright. Get it like a fox! Now that one you have to get! Ok, if you didn't get that, surely you must get this - I mean it's a knock-knock joke for chrissake!

    A: Knock-knock
    B: Who's your favourite existential philosopher?
    A: Umm, Descartes?
    B: Oh, so it's more like "I think, therefore I knock on doors"


  • It depends how you look at it, really. I mean, if a man offers you a piece of cake, and it has a calculator inside it, where is the morality in not accepting it?


  • I am reminded of a line from that most famous of philosophical texts, "Wherefore my heart":

    '"Pray tell, sir, what is the meaning of life?", he asked me. I smiled wryly and said "What do you mean?". "I mean, what was man put on earth to do?". "It's quite simple," I said. "We were put here to kill other people". "Pray tell, sir, what do you base this on?", he asked in horror. "Why, on killing other people", I replied.'


  • I love it when you get prizes by default. I once won a prize for "Best Tom Cruise lookalike" back in the slums of India. The competition was a blind man with no teeth and a cow with rabies. I must admit I thought the cow was going to be stiff competition.


  • Well my advice is to figure out who the geniuses are in each of your subjects, then change your surname to match theirs so that you sit next to them in exams. Then it's copy & paste time. I haven't actually tried this, seeing as how I was arrested before I could do exams last year, but it should work.




2 comments:

Jenny said...

^o^ *dances* *hugs her hero* those comments were great.. *grin* and I notice they were all related to stuff I had posted on his livejournal *feels special*

AKM said...

"*hugs her hero*"

You mean EE Cummings?

"those comments were great.. *grin* and I notice they were all related to stuff I had posted on his livejournal *feels special*"

Well don't feel too special, since I ripped them off from the author of "Inane lines that make no sense but which consequently make people think that they must be funny, and hence are interpreted as jokes" (who happens to be Mr. ER Snoweater) :p Do you know of anyone else who would take it upon themselves to post their own "jokes"? I'm messed up :/