Saturday, July 10, 2004

I'm listening to "Band On The Run" again. There's a bit in the transition section ("If I ever get out of here") in "Band On The Run" which I could swear is exactly the same as "Revolution Blues" (from Neil Young's On The Beach). Hmm.

I used to maintain that the title track was the best number on here. I still think it's gorgeous, especially the third section. But now, I think "Let Me Roll It" may be the best song here. McCartney's voice in the song just gives me the chills. Once it reaches the "Iiiii can't tellll you how I feeeel" part, watch out for the waterworks! There seems to be contradictory views on the origins of the song. Some claim McCartney specifically set out to write a "Lennon-song", in response to Lennon's brutal "The only thing you ever did was 'Yesterday'" comment. Others claim it just sort of happened. Either way, simply beautiful.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

>.< hey, how come my previous comments didn't show up?

who's paul mccartney?

AKM said...

The comments not showing up would be courtesy of this code:

if (userName.equals ("jenny") || userName.equals ("gazza"))
eatUpComment ();
else
makeUpFictionalComment ();

AKM said...

And as for Paul McCartney, he's just this guy, ya know?