Thursday, September 30, 2004

Apparently, I share a birthday with Tom Waits! That makes me feel less guilty about buying three of his albums on a single day (Heartattack And Vine, Closing Time and Bone Machine), based solely on critics' opinions. After all, us December people have to look out for each other, no? Anyhow, I'd like to think that this reflects something about my personality, and perhaps that one day I shall become as fluid a Beat-poet as Waits, but I think I'm just deluding myself.

I think my latest addiction shall become the machinima site The Strangerhood, which has a pretty interesting concept behind it. Basically, they use The Sims 2 as an engine to make small episodes, like of a TV show. Right now they only have an intro movie up, but it is quite funny seeing how they've used the game to make a typical introduction, with theme song and all.

The very idea of machinima is interesting, which I suppose accounts for most of the novelty. I can't comment too much on the actual quality of the stuff that will be produced, but I hope it manages to utilize the potential of this very quirky medium.

No comments: