Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Heavens to Murgatroid! George Starostin's rock reviews site is down for good! Well, for the moment anyway. Mr. Starostin doesn't seem to be too happy with the effect that the site's popularity is having. I can understand that, but unfortunately, 'twas popular for a reason! Namely that it had lots of detailed reviews that were mostly objective (though we clearly do have substantially different tastes and criteria for judging music). It was always so interesting reading his reviews, and looking at artists that I might never have otherwise heard of. I think he was also partly the inspiration for me getting the idea of reviewing albums here (even though from memory I've only ever reviewed two albums, and one of the reviews was a para long). I hope the site comes back up soon, although odds are it will be a year at least before that's the case.

It's time to hunt for a new haven, but I wouldn't know where to begin! Thank God for the Google cache, or else I would be well and truly doomed.

No comments: