Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I don't normally post entire song lyrics*, but today I'll make an exception. Here's a lyric that is dedicated to a certain Miss Zhu, courtesy of my good friend, the rock star and poet extraordinaire Lou Reed.

I'll be your mirror,
Reflect what you are, in case you don't know
I'll be the wind, the rain and the sunset
The light on your door to show that you're home
When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please, put down your hands
Because I see you
I find it hard to believe you don't know
The beauty that you are
But if you don't let me be your eyes
A hand in your darkness, so you won't be afraid
When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hands
Because I see you
I'll be your mirror



Oh how I wish I could write like that! I do apologize Miss Zhu if this seems rather impersonal, but I truly don't think I can put it better than how Reed has done it here.

* What is it that makes me not prone to posting entire lyrics? I think it's because too many other bloggers do it, and so I sort of feel like I should refrain from the norm (as you can tell, my blog has always been boldly pushing the envelope, and has tried its hardest to take blogging onto a new level). It's a bit weird how I try so hard to be distinguish myself sometimes.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I know I should be writing my report but I need to give you a hug *HUG*