Friday, September 03, 2004

India has selected a young wicket keeper, Dinesh Karthik, to play for the cricket team. Normally this would not be particularly interesting, but this time it's different.

I know him!!!

I can't quite remember how, but I do remember Dinesh - after straining my memory, I've concluded that either we went to the same cricket camp or we were at the same primary school. Ugh, I can't tell though, it's so hard trying to remember..! I do remember however coming one Saturday morning to the cricket stadium, where he asked what I was there for, and when I replied that I had come for a match, he busily told his team mates that The One had arrived. Heh it wasn't as dramatic, but for some reason he did think highly of me at the time - which to me suggests that I must have been at the same school as him, because back there I was a demi-god for a year or two, simply because I played well in a single game.

I do remember, however, that he dismissed me that match - or is memory playing tricks on me again?

I've never had anything like this happen to me. It's simply amazing, I still don't believe it. And, as always, it takes me back to a very different world than the one I currently live in. Excuse me while I drift away into a sea of nostalgia and fond memories...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

...what's a wicket keeper? wow, he's young if he went to your school, I thought cricket players were supposed to be around 30. isn't john howard 30? *pause* hang on, john howard isn't a cricket player. nevermind, I'm making no sense ^^'

Anonymous said...

Dude I have to meet this bloke. When can I meet him?
Tell him I tutor Glen McGrath.