Friday, June 04, 2004

Actually, I was wrong as usual, there are PDFs on The Structure And Interpretation Of Computer Programs, you just have to take the trouble to find it. The most frequently linked one is this, which is a straight PDF off the HTML pages. Nice, but it has the hyperlinks at the bottom of each page, which is a minor irritation. Google for the filename, "sicp.pdf", and you get the wonderful TeXed version here. This one is a lot smaller too. My guess is that it's the PDF version that used to be on the MIT site, but I could be wrong. I doubt anyone else would be bothered to write the whole thing up!

What's with the whole functional language craze now? I guess I just wanna become a smug Lisp user. After all, it's been so long since I've felt elitist. A whole day, as a matter of fact. Simply unacceptable. Scheme or Lisp, though? Anything non-procedural or non-OO it would seem like.

No comments: