Thursday, November 11, 2004

It was little over a year ago that I made my first post to this blog, back when I was devoid of pretention and the various delusions that are the driving force of most of my posts these days. It's hard to believe that another year has gone by, but even moreso that I've been blogging fairly consistently for a year. I thought it was just another temporary distraction, but it has lasted longer that many of my other "projects", and I can't help but feel a certain amount of pride with what I've made of it. It is still indistinguishable from the vast majority of blogs out there; there are countless pages that offer far more, but I don't care really. I'm happy that I've managed to do something which I can hopefully look back on with some sense of accomplishment.

I can't help but wonder how long the whole blogging-spree is going to last. Countless new blogs seem to pop up by the minute, but is it ever going to end? You know, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, they are not going away anytime soon. For better or worse, they are here to stay.

What of this blog though? Will it ever be set out into the pastures when its time comes? Somehow I also associate this blog with my youth, and the last remnants of it. As though when I lose it altogether, I will put this silliness behind me and become lost in some meaningless pursuit. But I don't want that to happen; as I've said before, this may be my only shot at immortality.

A belated happy birthday, dearest blog.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

"back when I was devoid of pretention and the various delusions that are the driving force of most of my posts these days"

*grin* *raises eyebrows* .. *runs away before aditya yells* ;P

*eats noodles to celebrate aditya's blog's birthday* "may your life be as long as these noodles, dear blog of aditya's" (nevermind, it's an irrational tradition anyway)

Meera said...

Aditya,

Brace yourself for a long rigmarole of a comment.

In answer to your comment,

"But still, I don't think I should be blase about failing.."

I wish I could give some intelligent advice like your friends. But all I can say is at the end of the day you will laugh anyway - either at your paranoia or in resignation. In my case, it has always be the former [miraculously] but I am not above the latter.

Of course, you shud not be blase about failing. I am saying, just enjoy ur paranoia too :) I only wish I had penned down my attacks (warranted or otherwise) like you have. I was [and am] too busy biting my nails and pacing back and forth.

You are being kind about my blog. The people who read my blog are friends who are indulgent of my literary pretensions. [are they intelligent? Then they are all the more indulgent with me.. hmm...]

I liked the previous post, because I have "been there done that" - now I know u are not above forgetting to sort out the results of minimum spanning tree... which incidentally, I have forgotten too during the good ol' days of uni... in my case, my panic attacks are so pronounced that I would not have pressed the "send" button of the email and lost all the marks anyway! :)

Now about your blog:

The problem with words, is that they always tend to exagerrate and when one looks back on one's own work, it tends to be tad hyperbolic and 'larger-than-life' and what not - no matter how careful one is. But to the reader [read: me], your posts seem to be a genuine attempt at expression. Now to make a return confession, I dont leave comments here, because I cant seem to think of anything "intelligent" to say. But I do enjoy the posts and maybe I will attack you with my verbose comments henceforth, now that I know that you are a fellow "careless-data-structures-sufferer" :)

The long and short of it is: keep up the good work - acads and paranoia and pretentiousness and the rest :) - AND writing. For you are good at all of them - especially the last.

And happy birthday to your blog!

Meera.

Jenny said...

wow.. I think I've found another person to idolise.. ^^'

meera, can I look up to you as blindly as I look up to aditya? *grin* *pause* ok ok I shouldn't be silly.

*rushes off to procrastinate further*