Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Due to daylight savings, I tend to stay up an hour "extra", so now it's really Thursday. As a result, my prentention knows no bounds whatsoever - I mean, the following poem is utter nonsense that is perhaps indicative of a deep-seated superiority complex, even if it isn't intended to be about me. But I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of my poems of late have had this general theme of ascension (I mean, the guy in this poem is pretty much saying he is God), immortality, eternal youth, and to some extent evil. I think the real me is coming out; I mean, I suppose we all think about these things at some point, sometimes seriously, sometimes not so much so. But I am concerned that this makes up an active facet of my dreams and aspirations - it's not healthy, that's for sure. Then, of course, there's the fact that this perfectly fits the drivel you see on so many other sites, with the calculated and cliched rhyme and laughably over-dramatic style. But I'm comfortable with my flaws, really; after all, it isn't as bad as it used to be, and I can think of worse pieces of writing, both by myself and by other equally deluded souls.



I wish that someone with spirit true
Would offer me a flower,
For then as I reject it, you
Could watch their face turn sour;
Watch now, as love turns to hate
Watch now, as the lover turns her face
Which meets my cold, indifferent eyes
Which in a shrug, to her surmise
That I know all God's secrets.

She turns to leave and I wipe the tears
Of laughter streaming down my face,
I'd lived a lie for twenty years
But now that I remember
My one true name
I stand, and wake up
The consequences of December.

I have always believed that one day,
By the grace of that divine angel
Whose life I surely must have taken by birth,
I shall escape from these fools and their followers,
And I swear on all their holy fathers,
That I shall rip these leeches off one by one,
Climb to the top of that eternal mountain,
Seek my final meeting, and look to see
If it's my reflection that beckons me
To take a sip from the fountain.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

*another equally deluded soul tries to comment on aditya's blog*

it's not intended to be about you, however you write "I think the real me is coming out"; do you mean a part of you was somehow reflected by that poem?

actually ignoring the mechanics of the poem for once, I'm also quite worried that you assert that such ideas make up an active facet of your dreams and apirations.

..I'd post a whole lot more in this comment actually, but frankly I don't want to.