Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I think this is significant: "Here's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals will read bin Laden's threat and say, "Gosh, we better do as he says." Conservatives will read it and say, "Bring that mess ON, *****. We killed most of your friends, and we're going to kill you, too"". It's a conservative's view, and I think it explains some things about what is going on in this world. I get a very bad feeling from views like this again bin Laden - I can't tell if these gung-ho attitudes are just blowing off steam or what some people really believe in. It's just a bad vibe I get from reading stuff like this. It borders on fear, I think; one of the sharpest images of fear and uncertainty that I remember was when I read that Mullah Omar had sent out radio broadcasts in Afghanistan, telling the people to prepare for a holy war. Gah, I can't rationally explain any of this, I'd better dawdle to sleep and leave my quest for understanding politics better out of my blog for good.

No comments: