Sunday, November 21, 2004

It seems that there's no action to be taken on Warne. Which, really, I expected; let's face it, no one is going to bring it up, and if they do, there's not much that is going to be done about it. Sehwag getting fined is now a glaring double-standard, the sort I suppose we should come to expect. Also, I've been ranting to everyone about Gilchrist deciding to adorn the robes of a preacher yet again, this time telling Craig McMillan the virtues of walking. That McMillan got out next ball was a sign of poetic justice, but of the infernal rather than the divine kind. Like I mentioned previously, I think this is a terrible form of hypocrisy, because Langer never walked when he was clearly out. But I get the feeling that Gilchrist is going to do the same thing over and over, till this not-so-humble blogger explodes! I used to respect Gilchrist, but not anymore. It is admirable that he chooses to walk, but I think his actions are despicable.

Again, my choice of words are too strong, but I still can't figure out why I'm so worked up over this. Maybe I'm wrongly perceiving Gilchrist's attitude, I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw cricket.
Screw the world.
Screw everything.