Thursday, November 18, 2004

Having finally gotten fed up of having to manually check if any of the blogs I read had any updates, I decided to do get an RSS reader to do the work for me. SharpReader is what I am trying out, and it certainly gets the job done. The only problem is the overhead - it takes up 20+ megs of memory, which makes me slightly unsure of leaving it running in the background. Perhaps there is another program that is slightly more memory efficient, but anyhow other than the memory issue, it works good, with MSN-style notifications.

The other problem is that this is an indication that I am growing too addicted to blogs. Do other people really have such interesting things to say that I ought to wait with bated breath? Of course you're an exception, gentle reader...heh.

Oh, and I wish more programs would dock into the system tray instead of just minimizing (SharpReader does, which is nice).

No comments: