Monday, October 25, 2004

Today was another 4-unit maths exam, this time it was my sister who had to do it. It brings back some memories, but mostly bittersweet nostalgia, and leaves me wondering how two years have gone by without me having a say in it at all. As though life were a bus, and I don't want to go so fast, or some such ill-conceived metaphor.

Speaking of 4-unit maths, I don't think very many people care about it once they finish it, but I seem unable to let go. I think it's probably a combination of things that I cherish, not just the subject, but I suppose to other people it looks like me being stuck in the past (which, come to think of it, is always accurate when it comes to me).

Someone mentioned that I was very rigid in my thinking today, and it makes me laugh to think how much of an understatement that is. I wonder if anyone can truly comprehend what a part inertia plays in my lifestyle (if one can call it that at all). Anyway, I feel like combining two famous lines of John Lennon and Tom Waits here, but I'll leave the quotes themselves for the interested reader to find out.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

you have a sister? *jealous of your sister :P*

if you had a say in it at all, would you let them go by? but if you don't let time fly like the not so literal arrow that it is not, at all, then you'd have no years to experience later either, and then the bus ride would be a photo only and not life and not a bus ride and not a photo.. o.O *silences herself*

I didn't care about 4 unit maths after I finished it because I didn't finish it, or start it.

the past is a super cool *cough* ..place, much less surprising than the present and much more familiar. in a sense there probably is no 'future'

*goes off for her nap*

Jenny said...

if you had a say in it at all, would you let them go by?

time. I meant to type time. "..let time go by.."

freudian slip? if I have a concious, and also an unconcious, did my unconcious mind (if I have a brain and a mind as well) make me think about letting people go by?

=__= aditya hates me.. I should let him go by.. T__T

xiaodai said...

Good jealous-of-aditya's-sister-while-not-wanting-to-be-my-sister-ship. Now i'm jealous of aditya. Good joke?

Good luck to your sister. If she's your sister that implies she shares your genius gene and she will definitely be fine. Top stuff. Hope to meet her too, hehe and tell her how good a genius you are.
You should tell jenny how good a sister you have (and put jenny to shame), good joke? Nah, actually i'm sure jenny's as good as your sister. Both top notch sisters.

AKM said...

All I meant was that the "bus" was going too fast. It hasn't made enough stops for me to smell the roses.