Friday, October 29, 2004

I guess now this blog has truly sunk to a new low, for I was about to start quoting some random lyrics that I like, without offering any analysis whatsoever. Talking about wallowing in the mire, eh? But the better half of me decided to delete the offending text, and so now it's back to posting random poems of my own, most of which are a mystery to even me.

Just so that I can offer something of interest, these screenshots for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Morrowind was of course Elder Scrolls III) are just amazing. If, as people have claimed, they are not cutscene shots but rather are realtime screenshots, then I guess I'll have an interesting few months taming this monster (once I manage to get a computer that can run it, of course).

It strikes me as odd that I like computer games and literature. I don't know why, but I think they're an unusual combination.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I was interested in looking at what sort of blogs were considered 'not low' a while ago..

the 'blogs of note' list in blogger's dashboard made me curious, I clicked on 'girl with a movie camera' and other such blogs, and found that the blogs weren't about the people who wrote them, they allowed others to gain (either by reading movie/play revues, or cartoons, or viewing pictures/graphics, etc) entertainment..

if that's what a non low blog is, then I'm quite glad yours is apparently not non low, because yours details a life of a real person who is incredibly thoughtful and kind and sincere! (plus it isn't a long list of complaints like my blog/livejournal was)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/screens.html?page=9 is really really beautiful. reminds me of why I loved reading more than interacting with people when I was younger.

I like computer games and literature too ^^ *frolics*

AKM said...

"because yours details a life of a real person who is incredibly thoughtful and kind and sincere!"

Can you pick up sincerity over the net? If so, how? For that matter, can you pick up sincerity in real life?

I don't really want you to answer these questions, I just feeling like posing meaningless questions right now. I know if I saw anyone asking such stupid questions, I'd think they were pretentious twats, and so I guess that makes me a pretentious twat. Anyway.

"(plus it isn't a long list of complaints like my blog/livejournal was)"

Looks like it's heading in that direction, though.

Jenny said...

Can you pick up sincerity over the net? If so, how? For that matter, can you pick up sincerity in real life?

yes. without too much difficulty usually, is how. to do so correctly is admitedly harder, but not impossible. yes. same goes, cept it's easier in real life. whatever that is *jenny is a pretentious twat*

I don't really want you to answer these questions, I just feeling like posing meaningless questions right now. I know if I saw anyone asking such stupid questions, I'd think they were pretentious twats, and so I guess that makes me a pretentious twat. Anyway.

thinking you are a pretentious twat doesn't make you one though. in fact, it'd probably imply that you weren't.

Looks like it's heading in that direction, though.
doesn't change who you are though, and you're aditya :)