Sunday, August 29, 2004

A few days ago, I mentioned that it was amazing to be alive. Now I have much the same feeling. Only now it's different. I feel, dare I say it, God-like. As though I could do anything I wanted to. I suppose we all can, but actually feeling this way is remarkable, to say the very, very least.

You might wonder how one can feel like this but keep asserting one's failure. What can I say, I'm a marvel of nature. As my good friend Lou Reed put it,

"Yes, I am mother nature's son,
And I'm the only one,
I do what I want, and I want what I see
Huh, could only happen to me


It takes a special kind of genius to figure out what exactly I mean.

I am reminded of the bit in Ultima 8 where (SPOILER) you become the Titan of Ether, but you are merely greeted with the wonderfully subtle caption "You suddenly feel very powerful...". Ahh I love stuff like that.

Originally, this post was intended as a throwaway, but now see how miraculously it has transformed itself into one of the best entries of recent memory.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

this makes no sense. either that or it does and I do not see it. but here's why I say it makes no sense:

it makes a vauge sort of sense

*pause* hmm. but it has 'God' and 'genius' in it and anything including even more than one of those terms must unquestionably be deemed as irrational.

nice to know you're feeling so though (like you can do anything you wanted to, not that you're feeling irrational ;))

AKM said...

"*pause* hmm. but it has 'God' and 'genius' in it and anything including even more than one of those terms must unquestionably be deemed as irrational"

Why is genius irrational? o_O I dunno about God being irrational though. It depends on your definition of irrationality. From a purely logical point of view, possibly, but otherwise..hmm. A tricky one, that.

"nice to know you're feeling so though (like you can do anything you wanted to, not that you're feeling irrational ;)"

This feeling is not to be confused with confidence, mind you. No, it is something far greater, far more superior. In simplistic terms, it's as though I have super-powers, but in more precise terms, it's..well, it's hard to explain :) As you can no doubt tell from the post

I wasn't joking when I said it was one of the best posts of recent memory. The trouble is, that's from my point of view - to anyone else, it seems like an inane ramble, which it actually is not.

Jenny said...

to lots of people, poetry seems like inane rabble, as does maths and art. *disagrees with lots of people*

anyway, where language fails, those mentioned above are still competant, if they can be personified so