Thursday, August 26, 2004

After watching a true God among programmers do his stuff today, I became somewhat interested again in working on my music catalogue program. The trouble is, as you may recall, that All Music Guide have completely redesigned they site, thereby yielding a lot of my inelegant code even more useless. This means that I will yet again be forced to try and figure out some patterns to the HTML that's behind each of their pages, which is oh-so-ugly. Ah, the perils of programming.

The new AMG site is actually being nearly universally criticized for being a great example of poor design. I must confess, I don't think it's all that bad, but apparently they've fixed a lot of things now, and previously it used to be much worse. They seem to still be using the old amg.dll, and in fact the URLs have become seemingly even more obscure. Heavens to mergatroid, whatever shall I do?! I can't imagine giving up on the program, not after seeing how far I can take it! In fact, the state it is in now is great on the surface, but it's the internals that really bug me (Freudian slip? There probably are a fair few bugs lurking underneath).

I find myself trudging through most of the day, for it would seem that I really need more sleep. I think dropping out of uni would prove to be the best option.

No comments: