Sunday, August 08, 2004

At times, when I wonder what the point of everything is, music really cheers me up. That's too weak a phrase though, "cheers me up" - what I experience nothing short of exhilarating, really. There are times when I feel totally overwhelmed by a song, and these are the times I really look forward to. It reminds me of the quote from American Beauty: "Sometimes, there's so much beauty in the world
that it overwhelms me and my heart feels like it's going to cave in".

I sort of revere some songs, which is perhaps unhealthy, but if it gives me satisfaction in some strange way, then I suppose it doesn't really matter. I suppose it's the one thing that has the potential to keep go going on, although it would be doubly sweeter if I could get really involved in music somehow (such as playing an instrument). But that's not happening any time soon, now is it?

6 comments:

Meera said...

Very few things in life can equal the exhilaration of playing an instrument. I speak from personal experience. You should give this idea some serious thought. It has nothing to do with whether you are good or not, as long as you can make music.

Jenny said...

how are you at singing? *pause* ah, I see. well that case why not try singing?

Anonymous said...

I have a guitar in the corner of my room. I used to be able to play a G. I was good at the G.

GGGGGGGGG GG

AKM said...

I actually started learning to play the guitar some half a year ago. It was a short-lived venture, but quite exciting. I really think I should pick it up again, because I can think of no better thing in the world than playing an acoustic guitar to one's favourite song. A slight exaggeration, but I do hope you'll excuse it.

"how are you at singing?"

I think I'm an excellent singer. Unfortunately, everyone else in the world would probably disagree! But I don't particularly care, I like singing (in private, of course, never EVER in public!).

Anonymous said...

"I actually started learning to play the guitar some half a year ago."

DID YA?

"I think I should pick it up again."

Nice pun there, hahaha.

And you and Jenny know the extent of my talents at dancing. My singing is probably at the same level.

Jenny said...

singing in private is fun. as is dancing in private. *dances* you can't see, but I actually look like a professional dancer at the moment *nods* taller and everything.