Monday, January 09, 2006

The Critique Of Hesse

When I was 20, I heard of Hesse the poetic master, and when I was 21, I heard of Hesse the Nietszche-with-sugar hack. It's funny, I thought I would've taken the critique of Hesse far worse than I actually did. But the way it was done just seemed so peaceful that it didn't matter. When I read N&G part of the beauty was just the coziness of my surroundings at the time. It was somehow the same here. Out in the open, the cool breeze blowing through our cornflakes and all that. If only all criticisms were so nice! It's funny that I should like this conversation more than most of the other things that have gone on. What does it say about me? Perhaps not all that much, except that I enjoy it when things that seem to be out of a book magically come to life.

No comments: