Saturday, August 06, 2005

Sometimes, situations seem to claw out and yearn for some sort of statement to be made about them. It's almost as though they come to me and say "Yes, please do reminisce and recall fondly all the good times that have brought you here..I'd like that very much". I've never quite known why, but I usually have an opposing thought that looks down on "giving in" to such things - as though it's so very obvious that it would make me write something sentimental, and so by doing so I'm admitting to some sort of weakness. Ridiculous, of course, but 'tis the marvel that is my mind.

But in fact there is sometimes a greater, more serious reason that suspends any mention of certain events, which is the fear of trivialization. No, I think fear isn't quite right, it's almost a premonition of trivialization. I suspect I have given up all hope on attempting to put to words certain things. I remember very well a private post I made a long while ago - infinite possibilities...

No comments: