Tuesday, April 13, 2004

"I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member" (Woody Allen). God that's some good stuff. And totally true. I think I am in many ways like Mr. Allen. Actually not really, although I am perpetually plagued with self-doubt and I am totally insane. Is that what Woody Allen's like? I don't know, but I'd be interested to find a compatriot in my search for meaning in this crazy world. Isn't it funny, I mentioned Woody Allen yesterday too, so now it seems like he's some kind of idol or something. That's what I would think if I read this. But it's just coincidence, ya know? I don't think I believe in idols, it's a surefire way to get disappointed. I guess the problem is that everyone is fundamentally flawed, in some way or the other.

Life is funny. You can't do anything without being reminded of what a sense of humour it is. But ooh boy, it's one messed up, sick, twisted sense of humour. Even people you think you know can surprise you, can't they? Wonderful stuff. I'm a great fan of your work, life. Having said that, perhaps death is funnier. In fact, life and death are probably the two greatest comedians I can think of. And God too, of course. They form the triad of laughter! Oh blessed trinity...

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug" (Mark Twain). I wonder what the triad would say to that? Probably something funny.

No comments: