Saturday, April 08, 2006

In an upstairs room in Blackpool

Of late, I've found that I'm fast losing interest in all but a small subset of musical styles. I remember mentioning the artists I was interested in pursuing this year, but so far, I've made no attempt to look anywhere near their catalogues. Why? I'm not sure - all of a sudden, I've become preoccupied with the lyricists of olde, and much softer music. I can't believe that I once had Atomic Rooster and Nazareth on my list of artists to look into!

In fact, some days, I feel like I'm reverting back to my musical childhood. Graham Nash still sounds pretty darn good, and is able to draw more interest than [acclaimed, and I'm sure good, post-punk band]. Good times. What an ingeniously simple method I used to apply to determine if I liked a song - compared to the rigorous analysis I seem to apply today.

Speaking of Nash, I hope I someday unearth Wild Tales and remember what it was like to have once heard "Oh, Camil!" on a cool winter morning.

No comments: