Saturday, May 21, 2005

Realities. Some mad hysteria in the morning hardly seems real during the quiet contemplation of the evening. Images are playing back, and I sit and tell myself it isn't me I am seeing. It is dead quiet, and I feel the onset of a cold. An ill-lit room is no comfort as I continue this mental fixation. Let it go, I want to say, but things are never as easy as that. It doesn't matter, those words against your character that may well follow. It is not me, I say, it is not me. I give the monster a name, and the madness clears.

It strikes me - it's because the morning was disrupted. Warm cup of coffee in hand, and totally tranquil...no, that moment is now gone. Till next week then. As night approaches, things give way in my head, and I begin to wonder what is real.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

hmm, you would made a really great author, y'know?

AKM said...

...? This is hardly 'good' writing I think. The intent, as I said in the post, was to 'give the monster a name' and cast it out. Catharsis through writing and all that.

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent poem dude.

AKM said...

:s Are you all making fun of me? I seem to detect inordinate amounts of sarcasm..

Meera said...

Been reading Jean Paul Sartre?

AKM said...

Hi Meera, my brief exposure to existential authors is limited to Camus' The Stranger, I haven't read any Sartre; why do you ask? (Perhaps Sartre has written at great lengths as to how pointless writing like mine is? :)) Late last year I was about to get a book of his, The Reprieve I think it was, but I was put off by the poor print of that particular copy. In truth, I fear I wouldn't understand him even if I did read any of his books. I tend to get enamoured with things that I simply can't comprehend (e.g. Kant's Critique Of Pure Reason, no prizes for guessing what got me interested in it :)), and as such I find that I seem to know of more books than I've actually read; I keep telling myself that will change, but it does seem to be a slow process. Someday though...!