Thursday, May 12, 2005

I have half a mind to now make this blog entirely about music. I just realized that I know nothing about it, and it now seems more pertinent a question to ask "What is music?" than it is to ask "What is life?". Admittedly this is probably temporary insanity, but it really does seem like this is the new path my life has taken. How is it so easy to put into music things impossible to express in words? The opposite is certainly true, but right now, it just seems as though..I don't know, I suppose the mystery of the way music fills me with greater yearning to envelop myself in it. (It is frustrating in some sense then that when I attempt to strum the guitar, what I get pales in comparison with the sounds and images in my head, but I will swallow the bitter taste for now)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you seem really cool and i like all the same music you do. i too enjoy math, it's amazing. well instant message me if you get this comment and have a screen name.

Jenny said...

practice makes closer to almost perfect :D

"what is music?" and "what is life?" seem like similar questions..

AKM said...

Howdy Zack, nice to meet a fellow minded individual :) Unfortunately I don't use IM anymore, but I'll drop by your journal.

Jenny: indeed! :) I think that most art has some element in it that makes one think it has to be the meaning of life, or possible even that it goes beyond our existence - and I think that thing is, quite simply, beauty in its clearest form. Ahh maybe this is all temporary insanity, but even so..!