Saturday, April 09, 2005

I found the ads for the cartoon Star Wars: Clone Wars to be oddly amusing, thinking that the flaws of Episodes I and II were now being shamelessly converted into animated form. I paid little attention to it, but one night I noticed it was about to begin, and, being particularly bored (not to mention very disappointed with the show that preceded it), I thought it might provide some mild amusement. To my surprise, I actually liked it, and wondered "Now why can't George Lucas make his movies like this?". Ahh, maybe I'm just too into Star Wars, and maybe the action scenes reminded me of Knights Of The Old Republic, but I thought the cartoon was done very well, and contained precisely the sort of atmosphere I felt the movies were lacking (although I thought the second one was an improvement on the first). I find myself somewhat distressed though, with the fear that the last movie, promising and enticing though it seems at the moment, will end up disappointing. What's worse is of course that it is the last, and there will be no more. Oh well, at least episodes IV-VI will always live on.

No comments: