Tuesday, April 12, 2005

There was a caravan somewhere in my neighbourhood today, which demanded a curious glance. This morning, I briefly touched on the subject of old adventure games in a lengthy conversation about video games and their perceived diminishing of quality. The caravan was sufficiently out of place for me to think it was there for a reason; for a second then, I toyed with the fantasy of exploring this caravan as though it would give me some clues to help me complete my "quest"; cue Sierra's "received points" music! Ahhh days of my childhood, where have you gone? And will I ever stop thinking about you?

6 comments:

Jenny said...

the days of your childhood are right here, in my pocket. you may have them back if you think you are willing to acknowledge that they will never leave you *nod*

Anonymous said...

Actually, that caravan is mine. NASA gave it to me as a prize for winning their International Scientist Discovery Exam.

AKM said...

I don't believe I ever said they were going to leave me, nor do I ever want them to! But it seems that of late I have been thinking about them a lot, and I'm not entirely sure why. I feel fractionally motivated to write something about this, however it seems that my to-do list is growing with each passing week :/ Curse the reality of time!

Hey Saurabh, how's it going mate? Have you contacted Mr. Bansal to get your passport yet? BTW, what did Prince Charles tell you about his wedding plans when you were staying in Buckingham palace?

I'm doing the ISD exam next year, do you have any tips?

;) Nah, that was just mean. I apologize to the real Saurabh!

Jenny said...

eep, sorry, I think I read "Ahhh days of my childhood, where have you gone?" wrong then T__T

AKM said...

It was another in my endless line of rhetorical questions is all. I guess all I intended was to express (yet again) a sense of wonder that times which I once considered reality and the present are now the past, if that makes sense. Of course, I will always cherish the memories, but I admit that I do allow myself to get a little too nostalgic on occasion.

Jenny said...

*nod* ah, that's what I thought.. but it's still reality if it's in the past, right?

*runs away*