Wednesday, February 25, 2004

The net seems to be abound with people writing their own poetry. Not really, but I have seen more than one blogger write some confessional poem, and for some reason, all these poems strike me as odd. I don't know, perhaps it's because the people writing them aren't poets (duh), but the imagery, the rhyme, it all seems so..calculated? Like I said, I really don't know.


Outside, where the cold breeze blows down
The hat of the eyeless king,
The black sky eats the moon whole
As the dark voices sing


What was that, you may ask. I don't rightly know. Ahh but it's poetic, that's for sure. I do believe I purposely try to go for spur of the moment things, just so that I can convince myself that I could come up with something better if I put my mind to it. But I think that's just wishful thinking; don't you?

No comments: