Sunday, February 22, 2004

I've found another purpose for the blog - giving me some sense of time. "And now people just get uglier / And I have no sense of time", as it were. It just doesn't feel right that my last post was a week ago; truly, I'm actually disturbed that a week can go so fast. Of course, let's see my take on that once I have to go to university again, eh?

I bit the bullet and signed up at Rate Your Music, where I've proceeded to pointlessly muse about my music. Actually, it isn't altogether pointless. The "reviews" (synopses is probably a better word) aren't objective at all, and are more my personal reaction to the music, which of course just makes it another opinion. But that isn't all that bad, really. For one, it's an interesting document of my tastes at this particular time. Given that a couple of years ago, I hadn't heard a single rock album, who knows what the future will bring? Also, if someone else happens to share similar tastes, maybe my lists will help him/her on the path to finding new, interesting music. Stranger things have happened.

It's actually quite strange that up until last year, I didn't know more than a handful of 60s and 70s bands, yet now my life seems to revolve around them. But what's even stranger, of course, is that of late, I've been contemplating the imminent end of old bands to listen to. I suppose a lot of stuff I listened to early on, I didn't really listen to - I just gave it one listen, and then selected my favourite songs and moved on. I guess there's a considerable backlog of sorts that's still available to me.

Do dreams mean anything? They probably do, but I wonder whether the conventional analysis of dreams is accurate in general. My dreams don't seem very profound though, certainly not built around symbols or the like. They're usually quite specific, and usually involve other people. I wonder what that says about me.

No comments: