Sunday, April 08, 2007

Red Alert In Windows XP

I had more luck running Red Alert (one of the early Command and Conquer games, doncha know?) in XP than I did with Bad Mojo. It takes a bit of work, but it is worth it since it lets you play one of the true classics among strategy games, or so I hope ;) I thought I'd make a note of how I got it to work, in case I need to do it again - these are not my own ideas, of course, and are paraphrased from here.

Assuming you've uninstalled any previous versions of Red Alert, first, you need to install it via the SETUP95 folder, not via the autoplay system. In the SETUP95 folder, set the compatibility settings for INSTALL.exe to run in Windows 95 Compatibility mode, and then install the game. I did not install DirectX 3.0, but I did install Westwood Chat (which you might be able to do without, but I don't think it hurts).

Next, in the folder where the files have been installed, you need to make all exe files run under Windows 95 Compatibility mode. Just sort the files by type, and select all files which are labelled Application in the Details view (for me, there were 11 such files).

Now select the RA95.exe file, and change its Compatibility settings to "Run in 640x480", "Disable visual themes", and "Turn off advanced text services". This is the main game executable file, but we can't run it just yet! The game needs to be patched first - there are two patches that are needed.

The first patch, C&CRA_Patch.zip can be found here, and you just need to overwrite the THIPX32.DLL file in your install directory. The second patch, RA108USP.exe, can be found here, and you need to run it once to extract the file PATCH.exe, which you then run (this has to be in your installation directory!) to patch Red Alert to v1.08.

Now after all this, running RA95.exe should start the game! No dwwin.exe errors or anything...simple as that ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thnx for the guide! It works like you say, may be too good, I mean, the mouse is way too fast!

Do you have a solution for that problem too?

Thanks!

AKM said...

Hi remco, glad you found the guide useful. I don't recall having problems with my scroll rate, but it could be that my computer is quite slow. I'm guessing you've turned down the mouse scroll speed in the game options, right? If so, have you tried the tip provided on the C&C FAQ?

http://members.shaw.ca/pholland/tfd/faq.htm#rascroll

Unfortunately I don't have my copy of Red Alert handy, so I can't check this out for you. Hope it works though!