Sunday, December 28, 2003

XP seems to be all the buzz with me lately, doesn't it? Another fad that's soon to fade, (un?)fortunately.

The Mac dockbar is a nice little piece of eye-candy, and it's understandable to emulate the Aqua interface on XP. A few options exist - YzDock has apparently been shutdown by Apple, but you can still download it (there are also numerous docklets here). MobyDock is a promising program that's in development, although it crashed on me whenever I tried to remove items from the dockbar. Finally, there is ObjectDock, which I haven't used yet, primarily because of bad experiences I've had with WindowBlinds a few years ago. I guess I'm living proof of the scars bad software can create.

Actually, I don't remember WindowBlinds being bad at all; in fact, I don't remember it being anything- it just was. Come to think of it, I don't even remember installing it. So there you have it - I've got bad experiences with software I'm not sure I installed a few years ago.

"I'm sorry, our session is over"...

No comments: