Saturday, November 29, 2003

Speaking of RPGs, another brilliant RPG is Ultima 7. I have particularly fond memories of this game, because it was the first multimedia game I played on the PC, perhaps as far back as 1996. However, interestingly enough I was only able to finish it last year! The experience proved too demanding back then, because I remember cheating like crazy "just for fun"..

Anyway, if you've tried to run it on a Windows machine, you'll soon realize that it's not easy! You have two options:


  • This page has a program, U7Win9x, which replaces your Ultima 7 executable with one that should work on Windows

  • Exult is an open-source project that aims to achieve the same thing. However, they've also added many useful features to the game. For instance, you can change the resolution of the game, as well as many other graphical options. Also, you can see your party members' HP/MP at any point, something I found very useful

No comments: