Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I had originally written a long and consequently (for me) tepid post that tried to deal with the incident that sparked the following piece. It turned out to be too heavily influenced by the style of Notes from Underground, and so I decided it was best left as it was. The following was actually part of it, and in my best Notes style I had included it mockingly, lamenting on how it provided a momentary thrill that gave way to the realization that it basically came to nought. It sometimes happens with this sort of light-hearted self-deprecation that it no longer becomes clear what one's true opinion really is, and this is one of those cases. I'm not sure if this is one of my worst writings - there is an element of "awfulness" to it, but the aspects of it that seem pre-meditated (notions of height, irony, etc.) are in fact not. Whether such things suddenly gain worth simply because they just "come" to me is another matter, of course...



Sarcasm, that lowest of devices
Surely too far beneath one like you?
Sitting in your tower, above us all
Surely it would suffice to show us the view.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

is there a significance in the number of words which contain or start with s, aditya?

AKM said...

It was one of those inadvertant things I mentioned - so no, there was no specific reason that I used them. It did however seem "interesting" that it just so happened to turn out that way, which I why I thought I'd post it.