Friday, August 22, 2008

Late night, maudlin street

Given choices and late nights, the best I can do is invariably the classic "Why must I choose in the first place?"; what's remarkable is that the thought seems very potent when created, but the next day it seems awful close to a cop-out. And if that seems familiar, then really it's because things are not that much is different from the days of thunder & fire. What, I wonder, does all this choice mean anyway? I can't comprehend how wildly divergent they all are, but still you wonder if any of them can be blatantly wrong. After all, there are always little mysteries on offer wherever you go, and unraveling them is about as satisfying as it gets for me. All this thinking, all these years, and still answers do not present themselves - is it even commendable that I'm still asking these questions?

No comments: