Friday, May 02, 2008

I've mostly conquered the more nihilistic part of me, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent. The self-deprecation that most people come to know me by isn't a put-on for the most part, but probably closer to an outlet that decides to merge with my funny side. It's an attempt, I assume, to provide some amusement while simultaneously giving me catharsis; something for everyone! I've grown used to it as a stream in the background, and I don't take it all that seriously. Except on some off colour days, where it just seems like I've gotten up on the wrong side of the planet. Every fear and fallacy lodged in my head decides to spring out at this rare opportunity, and proceeds to make the day an obstacle that stands in the way of me lying in bed, sighing deeply, and hoping that the next is brighter. It invariably is, mind you; but there are times when I wonder where, and why, I'm going.

No comments: