Sunday, August 27, 2006

There probably are few things as great in this life as a good (early) Roxy Music song. Even though it has been a year since the exhilirating discovery of For Your Pleasure, I only recently realized that purchasing their self-titled debut would be a good idea. Maybe I was put off by the nice, but decidedly normal Stranded. So then came "Re-make/Re-model". I wasn't expecting anything in particular from the album, or the song, but around three minutes in, I knew these guys really had something great going, even if for a few years. I think Ferry said something along the lines of "I could talk talk talk talk talk myself to death / But I believe I would only waste my breath". Yeah.

1 comment:

airy voices said...

that line is perfect.. and the context it's in right now.. even more so. i totally identify with the search for the perfect song/album.. although for me its situational at times.