Thursday, February 03, 2005

For someone claiming that one of his obsessions in mathematics, I've posted precious little about the subject on this blog these last few years. The biggest problem is that even if I wanted to post anything, I just don't know the right way to do it. Blogger doesn't seem to be able to upload files, if it did I could typeset a document in LaTeX and post a PDF with some nice formulae. One possibility is to make a PDF and then convert each page into a JPEG, and then upload these pictures (although it would probably result in a noticeable loss of quality). I was thinking about MathML, but after noticing how poor the support is in current browsers, as well as how hideously long the markup is, I've scrapped that idea for now. Using HTML symbols is always an option, even though it means I won't have the luxuries of elegant formatting and display. It seems by far that the JPEG option is the most favourable, so perhaps I will go with that sometime in the future.

No comments: